This vegan spinach artichoke pizza takes what you love about creamy, cheesy spinach artichoke dip and puts it on top of your favorite pizza crust. Made with a healthy spinach artichoke white bean sauce and Violife Just Like Mozzarella and Violife Just Like Parmesan, it’s sure to be a new favorite!
This post is sponsored by Violife. All comments and opinions are my own.
If you love spinach artichoke dip, then you’re going to seriously love this vegan pizza. Think pizza topped with vegan spinach artichoke dip, then baked to perfection thanks to Violife Just Like Mozzarella Shreds. It’s everything you love about spinach artichoke dip made slightly healthier and vegan! Plus, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes, making for an easy weeknight meal!
You’re probably wondering how this pizza gets its creaminess without any dairy. There are a few key ingredients that make this pizza crave-worthy! First, the creamy and lush spinach artichoke sauce is made out of white beans but I swear it doesn’t taste bean-y! This adds to the creaminess you know and love while adding a boost of plant-based protein. Second, Violife vegan cheese (truly the best vegan cheese I’ve tried!). Violife Just Like Parmesan gets added to the creamy white bean sauce, along with spinach and chopped artichokes for a classic artichoke dip taste and flavor but completely dairy-free. Once spread on your favorite pizza crust, it’s topped with a heavy sprinkle of Violife Just Like Mozzarella Shreds.
Violife vegan cheese is truly the star of the dish since it melts into cheesy perfection, but without compromise! You can have spinach artichoke pizza that tastes indulgent, but 100% vegan and delicious.
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pizza Ingredients
- Frozen pizza crust — use your favorite frozen pizza crust! There are surprisingly great frozen pizza crusts out there that have simple ingredients and only take 9-11 minutes to bake. You can use a gluten-free crust, fresh pizza dough, or even cauliflower pizza crust. Just make sure to follow the baking instructions for your dough/crust.
- White bean sauce — white beans, lemon juice, garlic powder and onion powder create a simple, creamy sauce that gets mixed with the spinach, artichokes and vegan parmesan. This creates a luscious layer reminiscent of spinach artichoke dip, but much lighter and with a boost of protein.
- Frozen spinach — I prefer frozen spinach for convenience and less prep work. It also lends to the taste and texture of classic spinach artichoke dip. If you want to use fresh spinach, finely chop it then wilt it over the stove or in the microwave. Make sure to still squeeze out the excess water as notes in the instructions.
- Canned artichokes — quartered canned or jarred artichokes make the prep-work easy. Simply tear the leaves and break the bottom of the artichoke into smaller, bite-sized pieces. If you can find chopped artichokes, even better!
- Violife Just Like Mozzarella + Parmesan — two kinds of Violife vegan cheese for extra deliciousness and to really bring out that spinach artichoke dip taste. The Violife Just Like Parmesan gets added to the creamy white bean mixture to add flavor and richness. The Violife Just Like Mozzarella gets generously sprinkled on top for that extra cheesy goodness (but vegan!) in every bite.
How to Make This Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pizza?
This vegan pizza comes together quickly! Blend a few ingredients to create the creamy sauce, top with Violife vegan cheese, and bake in the oven. That’s it! You’ll have pizza ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Choose your crust — the crust you choose determines your cooking temperature and time. Choose your favorite crust! Fresh or frozen crust, store-bought or homemade, all work wonderfully!
- Make the spinach artichoke white bean sauce — create the creamy base of your pizza by blitzing together white beans, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. The consistency should be similar to that of a creamy salad dressing: thick, but drips off of a spoon. Add in the spinach, artichokes, and Violife Just Like Parmesan.
- Top with Violife Vegan Cheese — to make the best vegan pizza, you need the best vegan cheese. We’re using Violife Just Like Mozzarella for the stretchy, cheesy goodness.
- Bake and Enjoy — follow the instructions for your pizza crust for best results. Once baked, turn the oven to broil and place the pizza on the top rack. Leaving the oven cracked, watch closely for 1-2 minutes. The cheese will start to soften even more! Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and black pepper, if desired. Slice and serve!
Violife Just Like Mozzarella + Parmesan
The star of this recipe is truly Violife vegan cheese. This spinach and artichoke pizza uses Violife Just Like Mozzarella and Just Like Parmesan. This duo gives the pizza a classic spinach artichoke dip flavor and cheesy taste while being 100% vegan. While the shreds don’t melt into a pool of cheese like traditional dairy, take one bite and you’ll be completely amazed by how stretchy and gooey it tastes!
If that’s not enough to convince you, Violife has even more about them to love! First of all, it actually smells and tastes just like real cheese but without the dairy. It’s non-GMO and made from coconut oil, starches, and a few other ingredients that vary depending on the style of vegan cheese you choose. I absolutely love the simple ingredient list and how there are no weird additives like carrageenan. Violife also contains vitamin B12! This is incredibly unique and also an important nutrient regardless of whether you follow a vegan diet or not.
Violife is also free of most allergens since it’s 100% vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and contains zero nuts or soy. You can find Violife in the plant-based section of the dairy case at Whole Foods Market. Whether you’re in the mood for feta, cheddar, block cheese or shreds, there is something for you! Make sure to check out all of the Violife vegan cheeses here.
More Vegan Recipe to Try:
If you make this vegan spinach artichoke pizza be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe below. I’d love to hear from you, and it encourages others to make the recipe too.Print
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pizza
This vegan spinach artichoke pizza takes what you love about creamy, cheesy spinach artichoke dip and puts it on top of your favorite pizza crust. Made with a healthy spinach artichoke white bean sauce and Violife Just Like Mozzarella and Violife Just Like Parmesan.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
For the White Bean Cream Sauce
- 1, 15 ounce can white beans (cannellini or navy beans)
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
For the Pizza:
- 1 frozen pizza crust (see notes)
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of water
- ½ cup quartered artichokes
- 1 cup Violife Just Like Mozzarella
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons grated Violife Just Like Parmesan
- Red pepper flakes or black pepper, for serving
Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to the temperature according to the instructions for the frozen pizza crust you’re using.
Make the white bean sauce: in an upright blender combine the white beans, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Blend the mixture on high until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper if necessary. The consistency should be similar to that of a creamy salad dressing: thick, but drips off of a spoon.
Place the white bean sauce in a bowl. Before adding the spinach, make sure it’s squeezed of excess water. Place in a clean paper towel or dish towel and squeeze out the water over the sink. Break apart the artichoke quarters, separating the leaves. Add the spinach, artichoke pieces and ¼ cup of Violife Just Like Parmesan to the white bean sauce; mix to combine.
Assemble the pizza: Spread the mixture onto the frozen pizza top with any extra artichoke pieces, if desired. Sprinkle on the Violife Just Like Mozzarella and the remaining 2 tablespoons of Violife Just Like Parmesan.
Bake the Pizza: Follow the instructions on the frozen pizza crust for baking directions. I placed mine on the bottom rack of the oven and baked for 11 minutes. Once baked, turn the oven to broil and place the pizza on the top rack. Leaving the oven cracked, watch closely for 1-2 minutes. The cheese will start to soften and melt.
Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and black pepper, if desired. Slice and serve!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #nourishedbynutriton. Also, are you participating in Veganuary this January? Violife is an official sponsor of Veganuary. Definitely check it out!
This post was created in partnership with Violife. As always, I only partner with brands I love and use. I share them because I want you to love them as much as I do. Thank you so much for supporting the sponsors that keep Nourished by Nutrition going!